Why You Shouldn’t Buy Pololu 36V20CS Motor ControllersFirat Dede
In this review, I will write some bad things about Burnt Pololu 36V20CS Robot controllers.
First of all, I will start with me. I am not beginner at motor controllers or at least implementing motor controllers to robot systems. When I bought I was very excited and curious about these motor controllers… But I get disappointed with performance and lack of guarantee.
- Small Terminals (12-14AWG Cables Don’t fit, How Can 20 Ampere can be Drawed by this small Terminals?!)
- Not Open Source (At least they can not burry IC’s top face, I think It is one model of Allegro mosfet driver Chip)
- Very small mosfet transistors (They won’t conduct heat because of small metal area)
- Too close Power lines (Motor output PCB lines close as 0,2mm so at high amperes we saw a lot of sparks!)
Very Very Small MOSFETs!
I added comparison photo of MOSFET transistor sizes. Small size causes small heat transfer area, small currents and small things..
How I burn’t Motor Controllers?
These motor controllers rated for 36V battery voltage. So I used with maxon RE35 motors at 25V. But when I applied voltage it started to work with small smokes (Because of power line sparks). It worked 4-5 times after first one motor driver stopped.
When I compared to another motor controllers Pololu drivers look like empty ballon. Sabertooth, RoboClaw motor controllers are better options… Or best of them is custom made motor controllers.
Users who found this page were searching for:
- ponuolu reviep
- roboclaw review
- Jsumo robot reviews
- mosfet burnt problem
- roboclaw problems
- pololu motor burned
- mosfet sizes
- maxon vs pololu
- Poloru Driver 1457
- roboclaw issues
- 36V20CS Motor Controllers
- pololu controller reviews