Sakin Sumo Robot – 1st Place Winner 2015 & 2nd Place Winner 2014 All International Robot Sumo from Turkey
Sakin is a Turkish word means “Calm”. The name comes up with the speed of the robot. Sakin sumo robot is not so fast nor so slow, middle speed can be called which makes it “Calm”.
The robot has very high torque to push the opponents that have many magnets. The robot has different attack and defense strategies. The robot user selects the strategy before start of the battle. In some case, the robot can change the strategy as defense to attack or opposite during the match.
Sakin sumo robot got 2nd place in All Japan International Robot Sumo Tournament in 2014. In the tournament 3 years unbeaten Japanese Champion was defeated which is the best moment ever.
The specifications and successes of the robot are given following. Details such as gear ratios, wheel radius, magnets design, photos of inside of the robot are not given intentionally but giving specifications are enough to understand the idea of the robot structure.
Sumo Robot Sakin’s Specifications
- Maxon RE40 dc motors.
- 5 Pepperl Fuchs ML1000 optical sensors.
- 4 contrast sensors. 2 pcs Qtr assembly for front, 2 pcs TCRT5000 for rear
- Custom made plane knife.
- Microchip PIC18F452 microcontroller.
- 1300mAh or 1500mAh, 6 to 9 cells lipo battery.
- 1 to 1.5 m/s speed depends on battery.
- About 100 kg vertical force.
- Less than 3kg.
- All Japan International Robot Sumo Tournament 2015 First Place
- All Japan International Robot Sumo Tournament 2014 runner up. (In the competition last 3 years unbeaten Japanese Champion was defeated.)
- All Japan International Robot Sumo Tournament 2013 quarter final.
- METU International Robot Competition 2015 champion.
- METU International Robot Competition 2014 runner up.
If you have any questions, please comment.